Fat transfer

• 2 replies
  • 249 subscribers

I‘m having a fat transfer procedure next week, a year after completing surgery/chemo/radiotherapy.

I‘ve found plenty of information about the pros & cons of this but would really appreciate first-hand experience of what the recovery is like - particularly in terms of how quickly I will be able to drive & get back to work please..

• Hi Handbag lover

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you had breast cancer.  While I don't have first hand experience of having a fit transfer I noticed that you haven't had any replies yet so I thought I'd reply to you to move you to the discussion.

Wishing you the best of luck with your procedure next week.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hello handbag lover,  I love handbags too especially vintage ones.  
    I did quite a bit of research before I had my lumpectomy in both breasts but look pretty symmetrical so I put it on the back burner for now.  I have small breasts and am slender but those plastic surgeons can always find some fat.  I finished radiation in April so wanted to see how I look at that time.  I don’t think the recover is too bad.  Maybe more soreness from the areas of liposuction.
    I think it is a good option and although no personal experience this article was very helpful.  https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/lipofilling-doesnt-increase-recurrence-risk

Hope all goes well and Mel’s is posted.

Barbara

Barbara