Lumpectomy and biopsy of lymph nodes

• 4 replies
  • 249 subscribers

Hi I had a lumpectomy and biopsy of the lymph nodes two weeks ago and I was wondering when the soreness will start to calm down both the scars are fine they don't hurt at all but I am quite sore under my arm and my boob keeps swelling but then goes down when the liquid comes out any advice please from Tracey 

• Hi I had mine in the 20th of July.

my boob was swollen first week or so but went down & it’s now back to normal.

So just over 3 weeks movement in my arm has come back - I was able to finally wash my hair keep doing the exercises they really helped.

dressing came off on 8th of August & surgeon happy scar is healing nicely. It’s long but well covered under boob & under arm. Hopefully it fades over time I’ve started to use bio oil on it & trying to massage it on. 

I have no feeling under arm where they took the lymph node so that feels strange at the moment.

I’m finding sports bras more comfortable that the surgical bras as they don’t rub also Sainsbury’s has some comfortable non wired bras. 

hope that helps all the best for your recovery xxx

1. Hi thank you for your reply I don't have dressings on so I can see my scars the surgeon that did the surgery doesn't put dressings on, I already wear sports bra as I can't wear under wire bra's it was a great help what you have told me thank you 
  • Like you Tracey Jayne I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed (4), that was  8th July I never had any soreness, did my exercises which I think helped and when the stitches came out I also used Bio Oil. I am looking and feeling great but when I went back for the results unfortunately the cancer has spread to lymph nodes so am having to go back hopefully if all goes well on the 2nd Sept to have them removed, not sure if that will happen as I have got an infection which at the moment is not responding to antibiotics, still have a few more weeks yet to get rid of it. 

• Sorry to here that red 70 I hope everything goes well on the 2nd September