Anybody else here with triple positive?

• 11 replies
  • 251 subscribers

Hello.

Anyone have experience of/advice for triple positive? 

Just starting out on my journey (and now minus hrt). 

I know that I have T+ in left breast, but mri has highlighted something behind my right nipple which I am waiting to have scanned. It is hard waiting isn’t it? I just want my chemo to start now and to blast the  bloody cancer to bits! 

I have two daughters (who are both worried silly) and a granddaughter.

Am sporting a new funky temporary short hairstyle (my way of taking control) and scarf shopping. 

Any words of wisdom/tips gratefully received. 

Bee x

• Hi SuperBee

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  While I didn't have triple positive, mine was triple negative I thought I'd reply to you as I noticed that you haven't had any replies yet.  This reply should move you up to the top of the discussion.  One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is to take thing one day at a time and reach out to us whenever you have a wobble or just need to vent.  The waiting for chemo to start is hard but once it starts it should get easier.  While I won't say chemo is easy it is doable. 

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment when it starts.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Daisy53 x 

• My cancer was (only!) ER+. I was just thinking that coming off the HRT hadn't been as bad as I feared, when they started my on Letrazole. Now my hot flushes are having hot flushes Fire Someone on this forum mentioned CBD oil, so I ordered some and, for me, it's helped with the hot flushes a lot. They aren't gone, but I'm having fewer of them, and they're not quite as bad. Treatments and remedies seem to be highly individual so your experience might be very different Shrug

Take care - Shelagh xx

• Thanks for the advice, Shelagh. 
    I’ve already started flushing as they have stopped my hrt and this is just peri menopause! Fingers crossed tone2 X

• Hi, yup me in April last year, surgery, chemo, meds now,  coming to the end of treatment at Christmas fingers crossed. It’s gone really quick actually, it does seem relentless at first but you soon get into it x

• Hi me I am triple positive. I have just finished active treatment. How are you doing parisa. I am now on anastrazole. Best wishes xx

• Hi Shaz 52, sorry been away, I’m on Anastrazole too, since February, few side effects, but not so notable lately. Still on phesgo injections , just had number 13 so 5 more ! Can’t wait to finish! It’s been a long journey but then it also seems to have gone quickly compared to last year, will be lovely not having all the appointments! I’m doing ok, had this years mammogram which showed‘something’ in my left breast but hadn’t altered from last year ( would’ve been nice to let me know last year ) still really weary, not much energy still, recent routine echo saw a mitral valve regurgitation ( previously my heart had been fine ) no symptoms but been under abit of stress lately so ? If that. Otherwise onwards and upwards! How’s you ? x

• Hi, I am getting afew aches from anastrazole but these are copeable at the moment. I have my mammogram in 4 weeks on my right side. My last echo was fine, and I have not long had a ct angiogram because I am now on my plastic surgeons list for a diep, so I am looking at about 12 months time for that. It's such a long journey, but my oncologist does not want to see me for 12 months now. My bone density scan was really good, so on with the anastrazole. I have a tissue expander which I am currently having expanded fortnightly, just to make me more symmetrical. Are you back at work  I can't remember now sorry did you have lumpectomy. Best wishes xx

• I was advised to take Evening Primrose by Oncologist and seems to be working although it could be wishful thinking!!

• No I’m lucky enough not to be working, don’t think I’d have the energy anyway. I had a mastectomy. It is a long journey but we’ll get there x