Grade 3 triple negative

• 35 replies
  • 259 subscribers

Hi I’ve just been diagnosed and wondered if anyone on here has the same as me? They said it’s grade 3 triple negative whatever the hell that means?! I am booked in for a lumpectomy and dual technique SNLB on 19th. Pretty clueless so any advice would be much appreciated! 

• Hi KMama. Thanks for sharing your story. It’s good to hear your chemo is going well. That’s what is scaring me the most. Thank you so much for the advice about school. I’ve emailed our HR and she has been fab and has put my mind at ease so that’s good. 
    Good luck with the rest of your journey. Sounds like you’re smashing it! x

• Hi again! Was just wondering will I be able to shower and bath or can you not get the wound and dressing wet? Does it have a waterproof dressing? Thanks x

• Hi, I was able to shower, just told not to let the shower jet go directly on my dressing, so kind of did a side on type thing and patted around the dressing, then patted dry with a towel it worked fine, dressing fell off themselves after a week or so xx

• Ah ok that’s great! Thank you! x

• No worries. I hope some of my waffle helped! Try to view chemo as a stepping stone to remission. I drink lots of water and I am sure that helps reduce the side effects.

I am really pleased you have reached out to your HR and the have been fab. Work should be the least of your worries right now. I hope you get full support from your employer.

Thank you for your best wishes. Good luck with your journey too x