Fenbendazole - alternative treatments

• 14 replies
  • 259 subscribers

Hi folks, I will soon be starting Chemo for Breast Cancer but have a friend who has been insisting I try the drug Fenbendazole, which has not been tested in humans. I have said that that whilst tried and tested options are available, I would not consider this. I just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on this and other drugs that claim they can cure cancer? Is it the case that we all might get to the point that we will try anything to survive?

Julzee

• Hi Folks, granted its not licensed for use in humans, but from studies I have seen in animals it has some potential with regards to suppressing tumours by blocking the uptake of Glucose by the tumour..  As such I guess that's why some companies are conducting those tests; also lets not forget we are using drugs not intended for Covid but have been discovered to minimise effects and the need to be on a ventilator, guess somebody was taking something which enabled them to defy the odds because of prior health conditions.  Moreover, a lot of veterinary used medicines are by and large are licensed for humans: - sedatives, diuretics and antibiotics; the dose is reduced to the weight of the animal.  When it comes to Fenbendazole, there are regimens that suggest it as a tumour preventer - well technically I'm on Letrozole, so would not take it until I found the latter wasn't working.  Another group said Feb on its own wasn't conclusive enough, but when with Vits A,B,D,E & K showed significant suppression or reduction in tumour size.  The people I know of in the UK taking this product, which is 2 where essentially on pain relief, nothing else on offer since August last year.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   In relation to Julzee's question from a personal view, I will if I find myself in the above position; given, any treatments given to us' are in fact poison to others,   - yes I would take this drug - but as a means to an end - I need to sort some things, but it would not be to survive longer than my expiry date.                                                                                                                                                                                              My husband was unexpectedly diagnosed with cancer and died 67 days later.  I was diagnosed 18mths later, a year and 2 weeks later I'm still here - I could go into the vagaries of day to day life and being unsure if the pain I have is a side effect or OMG the Big C is back - not happening.                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Why; because I'm lucky, I'm lucky to have the time to talk to my son and plan for his future, I'm lucky to re-assure him that my decisions health wise are what I want and I won't lie if I get given crappy news.  Some may think this is weird, but my son is the end of 2 family lines, no kin left to wisely advise - so yes I'm lucky, but I'll take an extension if I see fit, thereafter off I'll go - If we currently all live forever, they'll be no room left for anything new.

For all of you others out there, reach out to Mac and all the other services, including the forum - wishing everyone with any form cancer can take all the very best xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hey   , I am sorry to hear about your mum. My mum is in almost the same position. She has Platinum resistant stage 4 ovarian cancer which has spread to the lungs, liver and stomach and recently failed immunotherapy trial drug. We are currently on no treatment. Did the Fenben and Mebendazole continue to work?

Thanks

• I would love to know how people are getting on with Fenbendazole and Mebendazole as my husband has been diagnosed recently with stage 4 bowel cancer.