Hi. New to this.

• 3 replies
  • 493 subscribers

Hi Everyone.

Very new to this. I did put a message on the new board and a very lovely soul Latchbrook directed me over here.

In July of this year (2024) I was diagnosed with Grade 3 HER positive tumour in my right breast. I won't bore with the "why me. I'm only 45?", "is it a death sentence", "what happens to my husband and family" etc etc. I'm sure you all have been there. I don't need to say that it was a huge shock.

I was very lucky to have caught it so early and was treated quickly 

I have started a course of EC and after the 1st dose- second dose is on Thursday, my hair is coming out in clumps so I wondered what shampoos or hair treatment fellow people use.

I'm only on chemo as my oncotype reocurrence score was in the late 50s 

• Hi Emlee616,

My hair fell out the day after my 2nd cycle of E. I didn't use the cold cap.

I didn't change from my normal shampoo as I was advised it would come out regardless of what products I used.

I thought I would be more upset by the loss of my hair but I wasn't. My wig is a good match for my own hair.

Everyone is different. Wishing you well in your recovery xx

• Hi MissyMolly.

Thankyou so much for your message.

I haven't used a cold cap also as done so much research and talking to staff and reading people's experience, I felt there would be no benefit either way. It was a shock to see so much hair on the floor of the shower, there was some tears but I've embraced it now. I will be referred for a wig when I see my team this week.

Thankyou for your kind words and I wish you all the best in your recovery journey also x

• Hi Emlee616,

Thank you, you also.

Good luck choosing your wig they are really good.

Wishing you all the best xx