Hi! New here and Lumpectomy next week! Help!

• 5 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hello to you all! I am 37 years old and was diagnosed with breast cancer, Triple positive in June this year. I had one session of chemotherapy and ended up in intensive care. Chemotherapy has now stopped. I am having surgery now next Thursday to remove the lump. I want to ask you guys what should I go for and what is your experience in this region? The options I have been given are Wide local excision, which is just a simple scar or the round block mammoplasty. I would be great. I would be grateful if you guys could share your experiences with me, thankyou so much xx

• Hi Clarity101 welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry that you haven't had a response as yet. Im imagining that people will tell you what they decided, but would be unable to advise you on what is best for you as that is a decision you need to make for you. People will be along soon however, I'm sure, to share their own experiences with you to help you decide what is best for you.

Sending very best wishes for now xx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Aww thankyou Gail, i ended up joining other conversations regarding the lumpectomy andi got lots of lovely responses and people shared their experiences with me so it was helpful!

thankyou and very best wishes to you too and your kind heart xxxx

• Morning Clarity101

I had lumpectomy's on both breasts. both nipples reattached and no other scars except for sentinel node removal scars near armpits.

I was lucky(!) that my large tumour was growing front to back and not side to side or I would've had a mastectomy on the left side. 

I'm 4 weeks post surgery so I can't tell yet what the end look and feel will be because the left in particular, has hard lumps in it (thinking i will get gp to check this actually) and both are swollen a little still.

However, all the cancer has gone now. Just waiting for Friday to hit to see my oncologist and find out my treatment plan.

Ending up in IC must've been very scary. What happened with the chemo? (if you don't mind me asking)

xx

• Praying all goes well for you Emma! 

I had a severe rare reaction to the chemo where my sodium levels went really low and my mum found me unconscious in bed :( 

i also had neutropenic sepsis. Oncologist said it could kill me so wasn’t worth continuing. The good thing was that the one chemo session shrunk my lump so now i can have surgery :) 

• Wow! that really is scary. 

Wishing you an easy surgery xx