Repeat surgery

• 3 replies
  • 481 subscribers

Hello-I was diagnosed with grade 1 breast cancer in June. I have had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy which confirmed grade 1 and no spread. However DCIS was found in the margins so I now need another lumpectomy- I was pretty upset and angry but have processed this now. My surgeon has warned that sometimes the surgery has to be repeated again (her record is 8 times!). Am wondering when this will end but am grateful they are being thorough and relieved there is no spread. 

• Hi Dogmum40

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had surgery in May 23 and they found further cancer in one of the lymph nodes that they took so they sent me for a CT and bone scan in which they found another lump so I had to have a second surgery.  They got everything in that surgery so I didn't need a further one.  Hopefully you won't need anymore surgeries after this one.

Wishing you the best of luck with your second surgery.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi,

Yes, it is an absolute pain having to have further surgery - I had a re-excision of margins after they didn't quite get the right angle the first time. But, that was it then, all cancer removed after the second operation.

Hope it all goes well.

• Thank you. Yes I am hoping the next one will do it.

Hope all is well for you now.