Rare type of breast cancer

• 5 replies
  • 481 subscribers

Hi all,

I'm currently waiting on my full diagnosis and treatment plan after surgery in 2 weeks.

My initial diagnosis is based on my histology report and stated being highly suspicion of malignancy e.g. salivary gland type breast carcinoma or microglandular adenosis invasive carcinoma B4/B5c. 

So far my surgeon and Consultant have been great, however, my surgery was postponed as another lump in my breast was found. An MRI breast with contrast has been performed yesterday and my next consultation is on the 4th Sep.

I'm exhausted as I still don't know if I require Chemotherapie/Radiotherapy after Surgery. I got no breast cancer nurse either atm as I would meet her next week.

Thanks for having me.

SG

• Hi ScotGe87

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi SG 

lm so sorry that your going through all this . It’s hard and a shock to be told you have Cancer and you’ve had the added problem that a further lump has been found . It’s also worrying personally when things are delayed . However your team involved with you need to work out the best possible treatment . Your BCN will be a great support and a mine if information. The waiting is horrible, but don’t be afraid to ask questions and push things if you feel it’s necessary.

• Thank you Daisy and Donna, what a time to be alive. I will take each day as it comes. I just got concerned and felt I have no one to talk too. I got young kids and thankfully my partner is incredibly supportive but it is hard to share how it really makes you feel without worrying your loved ones.

I hope by next week, everything moves a tad faster. Once a plan is in place I will go with that. Thank you for both of your replies.

• Hi Scothe87,

Once you have a plan in place you will manage better. The uncertainty is a worry. You did right to reach out to others who can offer support and advice.

Also make use of the macmillan nurses and cancer care who provide great support.

I wish you well in your recovery xx

• Thank you lovely. I will look into the macmillan nurses etc. Thankful I found you all today x