Overwhelmed and feeling like I’m failing

• 3 replies
  • 482 subscribers

Hi,

I have HER2 triple negative diagnosed in may this year.

have 5 out is 12 weekly treatments left of chemo before surgery but I’ve hit a mental block and feel like it’s all starting to crumble now. Some treatment has had to stop due to a reaction so that has brought some fear back but I just seem to feel worse and take longer to recover after each dose of chemo. I live in constant fear of the hospital calling after pre chemo to tell me to head to A&E again or my body will just simply say…I’m DONE! How do you get through this feeling of being so alone with it all? 

• Hi Lou77,

Sorry to hear your suffering. It's not a pleasant journey but a necessary one.

I think the majority of us suffering from side effects. I couldn't tolerate the 7 days of injections but have the 1 day one this time which fingers crossed I seem to be tolerating. There are always options and treatments to overcome some of the symptoms.

Please be kind to yourself take one day at a time. Try to focus on the satisfying things in the day. Use the macmillan nurses and cancer support when feeling down. I think even the most positive of people hit a bump every now and then.

Wishing you well in your recovery xx

• Hi Missymolly,

1. Thank you! 
      it really is just take one day at a time kind of journey. I’m glad they have managed to help you with the injections so you can tolerate them better. I think it’s all the little things that go with treatment that build up and can just become overwhelming. I think I might reach out to the cancer support team for a bit extra. 

2. Wishing you well with your recovery x
  • I went for some counselling which was helpful. I'm also have the reikki which is lovely and helps me relax. I did the looking good feel good group it was nice to share with others who are experiencing similar issues.

Reach out its to difficult to do alone. Happy to chat her also and others who share their experiences.

Wishing you well xx