Metastatic breast cancer in bone marrow (ERpos, PRpos, HER2neg) with no evidence of primary breast cancer

• 4 replies
  • 481 subscribers

I was diagnosed 2 months ago after admission to hospital with dangerously low platelets and hb. Diagnosis followed the results of the bone marrow biopsy

Told it was very rare. It was incurable and prognosis 6 months to 2+ years depending on response to hormone therapy. Fortunately now responding reasonably well and tolerating side effects of Letrozole. Quality of life improving so was reluctant to start Abemaciclib because of the severe side effects.. Oncologist agreed to continue with Letrozole while responding well.

I was unable to have a mammogram because of the anaemia and bruising, but I have an appointment next week.

I have not found any reference to my condition and wondered if there was anyone out there with a similar experience.

• Hi Sapphire51

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  While I don't have any experience of your condition I noticed that you haven't had any replies yet so I thought I'd reply to you to welcome you to the community.  This reply will move you to the top of the discussion.  Hopefully someone will be along shortly to give you the benefit of their experience.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Sorry to here of your diagnosis but glad that the Letrozole is working for you.  
    My breast cancer is Her2-positive so I don’t know anything about your type but do understand the worry and the fear that comes with it.

Wishing you well and be guided by your oncologist as they are the experts.

Skylark X

• Thank you for your kind words.