Will hair grow on Herceptin

• 12 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Hi all

I’m about to start EC chemo 9 weeks followed by 9 weeks pacitaxal and I’ve been told after that I’ll be on herceptin for 12 months every 3 weeks as I’m HER2 positive. Just wondered if anyone else has had this treatment and whether heir growth will start after the 16 weeks of chemo whilst on herceptin? 
thank you

x

• Hi  

I had 3 doses of EC over a 9 week period followed by 12 weeks of paclitaxel and my hair had started to grow back before I finished paclitaxel.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Wow I hope you’ve been ok during treatment x thank you for replying as it fills me with some hope - I know everyone is different but little glimmers of hope are something to hold onto x 

• Hi, I had the same treatment as you, chemo had to be changed. I was er and her positive. I finished chemo in the June and my hair started to grow from the December. My herceptin was still being give until the May of the following year. 18 months later my hair is long and curly, it grew like crazy. I know everyone is different but I hope that helps. Good luck with your treatment xx

• Hi

I had 12 weeks of Paclitaxel which finished in June and have had 7 Herceptin treatments to date.

My hair started regrowing during  chemo and is continuing to grow well.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment

D.D

• Thank you so much for replying - were you ok during the treatment in terms of side effects? X

• Thank you so much this really has helped me mentally to find positives. I hope you’re doing well - are you coping with the herceptin treatments? 

• I finished my treatment in December 2022 and was lucky that apart from losing my hair I didn't really have any serious side effects. Yes I felt tired, but that only lasted for about 10 days of each 3 week cycle while on EC and I had no side effects while on paclitaxel. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Chemo was a bit rough but the herceptin was fine, just got a bit tired

• Hi, I had no side effects from the herceptin and my hair started to grow back whilst I was still taking it.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• The Herceptin treatments haven't  been a problem thankfully x