Breast cancer with AC chemo treatment

• 7 replies
  • 464 subscribers

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer. I am currently on AC chemo double does  treatment every 2 weeks. Had anyone else been on the same treatment please can anyone give me advice or feedback back on this treatment and if double does were given. Am so confused Confused 

• Hi,

Sorry you have been diagnosed with secondary BC. I had local spread and had dose dense AC every 2 weeks followed by paclitaxol for high risk of recurrence which could be anywhere (also some cells left at the margin). Nausea, tiredness and constipation were the worst for me with AC but the team were very supportive and adjusted meds to help make it easier.

Wishing you all the best for your treatment.

• Hey. 

I've just been diagnosed with stage 2 aswell. (Friday 12th) I didn't take anything in at all. I'm having to phone hospital to find out what happens next as I just got told handed afew leaflets and honestly I tool no information in at all after hearing I'm sorry you have stage 2. 

I'm sorry you've had the same crappy news as me. X

• Everyone symptoms are probably according to every individual for me the worst are the chest area don't feel normal. I hope your doing well though out your journey, sending hugs Heart

• I'm so sorry to hear what your going though, you will soon get appointment with oncologist and probably few scans before starting treatment, if you want to ask any questions your most welcome to do so on here. I've had 2 sessions on AC chemo and everybody journey is different. Sending hugs .Heart

• Thank you. I appreciate that. I've got my first round on 7th August. No mention of oncologist. Been told it will take about 20-30 minutes and it will be AC chemo. M My best friend wants to come with me but I don't want her too and I don't know how to tell her that. Sorry im playing my own little violin. I seriously appreciate your support as I don't want to start googling. Was told googling was the worst thing to do x 

• Yes searching on Google can be scary, how offten will you be having AC chemo? I have it every 2 weeks. To be honest if you don't want to take your friend it's totally upto you and everyone should respect that and you shouldn't feel like you don't know how to tell her beacause what your going though is not easy and I'm sure your friend will understand. Hope the best for your first chemo on the 7th August, please keep us updated x

• Hi 

It's your decision if frien goes or not. Tell her she won't be allowed into the room where your having your treatment we are all vulnerable in there and want to limit the people around us at thst time.

Hopefully she will respect your wishes. Good luck xx