Tamoxifen

• 3 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Hi guys, newbie here.. basically this is the short version ( scottish and a talker Laughing). Had lumpectomy few weeks ago and was originally on letrozole b4 op, now on tamoxifen with full breast radiotherapy. I had a hysterectomy when I was 29 but they left 1 and quarter ovaries to prevent early menopause. Tried to look for answers but struggling, noticed blood this morning but unsure if I'm dense but didn't think with my hysterectomy there was a risk of bleeding. Any help with be grateful received.

• Hi Chavvie

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer.  I suggest that you get that checked out with your breast care nurse as it might be a kidney infection or something else.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you   for ur reply. Yeah not the diagnosis I was hoping for, but unfortunately it's been a journey to get the diagnosis,  mainly due to my symptoms getting dismissed and nhs staff blaming the menopause and other crazy reasons but being a gobby scot fortunately I didn't let it go., not much trust now in the nhs, but  Imight give BC nurse a call for advice.

• Not at all it's called being assertive. I can get a bit loud and persistent if I think they wrong, try to be polite don't get me wrong. I've had a lot of practice for my son. BC isn't something to be dismissed, keep going till you are happy. I was  shocked to have it confirmed. Xx