Just joined

• 6 replies
  • 465 subscribers
  1. Hello. I've been getting lots of support reading posts on here. I was diagnosed with invasive ductal cancer in May. I'm awaiting lumpectomy and up to 4 nodes removed. 
  • Hi welcome to the forum. I had that done 2 weeks ago. Have recovered well. Now waiting for my chemo to start.

I hope you find comfort and support from others posts who have experienced the same and are further along in their treatment plan.

Sending positive vibes your way and wishing you a speedy recovery xx

• Thank you Missymolly. Good to hear you have recovered well. It's been suggested I'll have radiotherapy and hormone therapy but appreciate things can change. Was diagnosed 22nd May it's been as you will know an emotional rollercoaster. Some days are better than others

• Yes, I know exactly how you feel. I've been to the depths of despair, worst case scenarios and numb and detached. It's horrible trying to process this information, but eventually, we do.

Once in treatment and able to discuss further with consultant, you will feel more reassured. 

Please chat with the macmillan nurses, they helped me to process it. Also remember that treatments are more advanced now days.

Wishing uou a speedy recovery xx

• Hi Daveday,

I had a lumpectomy just over two two months ago and two lymph nodes removed. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, or ring them on 0808 808 0000, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system. It is important during the day to keep yourself occupied, hobbies, interests etc., it stops you from dwelling on what is going on. You may also find it beneficial to listen to a meditation podcast, they really help you to relax especially when you are trying to get to sleep. I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith, it does a lot for me.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as you possibly can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity, above all, be kind to yourself - I promise you, you will get through this. You are never alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.xxx

• Thank you Boobybabe2. I was diagnosed 22nd May I've had my pre op and scout fitted. Was pencilled in for 2nd July for my operation hoping to get confirmation soon.