Breast Cancer

• 2 replies
  • 455 subscribers

Hi

I'm new to the group, I was diagnosed and treated 1 year ago.....awaiting results from recent mammogram.

I would like to ask members if anyone is using any supplements? I've recently read about Turkey Tail Mushroom supplements being taken alongside Herceptin. 

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks

Pobsy

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm in a similar position to you, ie waiting for the results of my yearly mammogram although I was diagnosed and treated 2 years ago.

I don't take any supplements but do try to eat a balanced diet. Macmillan has more information about supplements here. If you do decide to take any supplement do check with your oncologist that the supplement won't have an adverse affect on the medication that you are taking.

I put 'Turkey Tail' into the group search and found these previous posts which mention it for you to have a look through.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

I am 59 and was diagnosed last March with non invasive ductal carcinoma.

I had 2 lumpectomy ops as there were margins remaining. This was followed by 16 rounds of chemotherapy and 10 of radiotherapy. Post treatment I am just so tired and my body aches in the morning. I was very positive during treatment and felt very fortunate that my cancer was caught early. Its now that the treatment is over and I'm back at work (part time for now) that I'm struggling.....feel I'm out in the wilderness wondering will it come back???

Thanks for welcoming me into the community.