Results

• 2 replies
  • 460 subscribers

Hi all just wanted to share with you, that I had my results from my lumpectomy and lymph node biopsy yesterday and they told me they had got it all out and it has not spread. Next plan is radiotherapy and tablets. I'm honestly completely over the moon. I I was convinced the news was going to be bad, and got myself in a right state before i went in to see my consultant. I feel so so lucky that I've had this news. Just wanted to ask how other people felt after this news. Obviously it's the best news but I feel abit numb today and exhausted. I even feel.like I don't believe it and they have got it all wrong. 

• Hi  

Fantastic news for you!  I can remember feeling exactly the same as you - I was 100% sure that it would have spread to my lymph nodes, so I was SO shocked that I was clear and just the tablets and radiotherapy for treatment.  I was so relieved that I didn't have to endure chemotherapy.  I was also convinced on my first mammogram it would be back, but I'm now nearly 7 years post diagnosis and all clear.

I think the stress of the worry about everything is what tires you out.  I went out to a local restaurant in the evening, that has an outside seating area in the sunshine and as it was in June and a lovely sunny day, my OH and I had a bottle of champagne there, to celebrate. 

Take the wins Slight smile , relax and enjoy the good news.  

Radiotherapy is nowhere as bad as I imagined and I got through it fine, so try not to get yourself too worried about this part of your treatment.

Really pleased for you good news.

Best Wishes, Lesley

Community Champion Badge