Just diagnosed

• 6 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Good morning all,

I am a male aged 53 and just diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm aware this is usually a ladies unfortunate affliction but I just wondered if I could get any advice or recommendations?

Thank you very much x

• Sorry you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Have you seen the chat for men with breast cancer under general discussion on the breast cancer forum?

I was diagnosed in Sept last year. It's tough, and must be so much more so for you. Once you have a plan to work with, it does get easier.

I wish you all the best for your treatment.

• I'm so sorry, I didn't realise there was a section for that. Apologies 

• Hi  and another warm welcome to the forum. Sorry you find yourself here, but I’ve certainly found it a great place for support and shared experiences. It’s great that we have a thread here called Blokes with Breast Cancer but please don’t feel that you can’t post anywhere else. Some may be less relevant to you eg the ones talking about the effects of some cancer drugs on specific areas of a woman’s body but most threads would I’m sure strike chords with men too. Feel free to join in any threads! What stage are you at in your diagnosis and treatment? Sending love and a big virtual hug your way, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Just tagging  as he set up the thread and is an active member here. Hope that’s ok! He’s mentioned other groups too for men with breast cancer - I’ve found all my group connections really useful though this site is my main ‘go to’ xx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hello, and thank you for your kind words. Tbh. I have ni idea what stage I'm at until my consultation on Tuesday, I suppose I'll know more then

• No apologies needed. You are always  welcome here. Sorry if I came across as less than welcoming - I didn't mean to. I just wanted to ensure you were aware of this thread for extra support.