Oestrogen receptive breast cancer

• 16 replies
  • 487 subscribers

Hello I have just joined following a mastectomy yesterday and wanted to find more our about others who are being treated for the above cancer. 
I know I will be having hormone therapy but unsure about chemotherapy yet.

• Hello Snoopy,

I hope you are recovering well from surgery.

My BC diagnose was ER+ PR+. Had surgery, radiotherapy and currently starting my 3rd month on Tamoxifen.

• Are there any side effects with the tamoxifen as I’ve been told I will have take that?

• Hi Snoopy2024, I have been on tamoxifen since last May. So far only side effect is hot flushes. I tend to get them more overnight as I take my tablet before bed as I would rather not have too many flushes during the day. They are not particularly bad and last from a few seconds to a few minutes. I believe there are drugs to help with the hot flushes but then they also have their own side effects. 
    Wishing you all the best 

Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x

• Hi there, 

Mine was ER and PR positive and HER neg. Bilateral mx and no chemo as oncotype registered too little of cancer to score it. I am on tamoxifen for 5 years however I didn’t realise this was only to stop breast cancer in other breast. I since have had a recurrence in a lymph node and have had full node clearance and will go through chemo and rads. My question would be on the drugs as I wonder would letrozole have done a better job of stopping the oestrogen in my system. Hope your recovery is going well and you are looking after yourself and best of luck with the results the wait period is hard. 

• The first 8 weeks I had mild bloating and for the past two weeks overnight hot flushes. As Cuffcake I also take the tablet before bed. 

So far it is all OK and I hope it continues like this. My tumor was "very active" and no chemo because of Oncotype RS 16, so Tamoxifen is my treatment for the nest years as I am 49 y.o premenopausal. 

• Hi  , welcome to the forum, I’m another oestrogen positive person. I had lumpectomy and sentinel node sampling, then 3 weeks of radiotherapy (as that was the norm 5 years ago) and am on Anastrozole for hormone blocking. I was definitely post menopausal when diagnosed at 59, so was likely to be put on Anastrozole or letrozole. Have you a date for post op results yet? Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • They say 3wks from 15:3:24

• Hi, can i ask if you needed bone scan and CT, as a lymph node was also removed from mine and it was positive for cancer, they asked me to do these scans and now really terrified why these were necessary? Any advice will be appreciated. Hope your treatment goes smoothly still waiting for treatment for myself. 

• Hi Dee2016

They use those scans to check for spread. 

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment when it starts.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge