Planning of radiotherapy

• 7 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi lovely ladies

i am waiting for a ct scan for radiotherapy on 9th April . Can anyone tell me, do they tell you then what dates the radiotherapy will be? Or do they wait until they’ve got the ct scan results and go from there? Just trying to plan life after treatment! 

Thank you 

• Hello Kate.

My experience was that after ct scan a Dr in physics + medical radiologist had to work on the "set-up" for about a week and then the nurse + admin had to book me in their schedule.

That took about 2 weeks.

• Hi  , I can tell you what happened with me but not everywhere is the same. I do remember how frustrating it was, not to be able to plan stuff because I didn’t have dates. So when I had the CT planning scan, they didn’t give me actual dates but said it would start around 2 weeks after. I then got a phone call a few days later with dates. Mine was held up a bit because it was around New Year so there were fewer slots, but it did end up pretty much 2 weeks after the scan. I think this is normal but others may have different experiences. Once it started, it was all quite straightforward, I was given time slots in advance but these sometimes had to be changed. I had 3 weeks of it, back when that was the norm. Bet you’ll be glad just to get it out of the way! Another box ticked. Love and hugs, HFxx 

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • I saw my oncologist to be consented for radiotherapy and she told me a provisional start date 28/04, 4 weeks from my last chemo. I now have a planning appointment for 11/04. HTH

•  Hi Mlen, thanks so much for your reply, that’s really helpiful to give me an idea of what to expect,

Hugs to you x

• Hi HappyFeet 1 

thanks so much for taking the time to reply, that’s given me a really good idea of what to expect. 

I cry often unexpectedly, and uncontrollably…. I have recently lost my mum,but not before she knew I was on the home straight battling this awful disease!

hugs right back at you, xx

• Thank you for your reply, that’s really helpful, 

I hope the rest of your treatment goes well for you, sending hugs xx

• Aw Kate you have had a lot going on.  I lost my mum almost 17byears ago and I just wanted to hug her after getting my news xx.

• This seems a great network of people to reach out and talk too. Take care x