New here

• 1 reply
  • 482 subscribers

Hi all,

I'm new here. I was diagnosed with grade 3 invasive breast cancer (ductonal carconia), triple negative. Found the lump two days after my 45th birthday in Nov 23, was diagnosed 19th Dec 23. Started weekly chemotherapy 2nd Jan 24 on Palitaxol and Carboplatin. I've been coping pretty well up to now but I've just been told I am BEACCA 1 variant POSITIVE which has hit me pretty hard.

• Hi  , sorry to hear that on top of your breast cancer diagnosis and ongoing treatment, you’re now having to deal with a genetic variant as well. I had a different type of breast cancer and was lucky to escape chemo, but after pushing for a genetic referral I finally got tested and, although I don’t have a high risk variant, I do have a less well known one (ATM) which carries a moderate risk. There’s a BRCA group forum on this site that you might find useful - it’s not as active as this group but good to connect with others. I joined it while waiting for my results and still pop in from time to time. Sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi