Diagnosis, op and Tamoxifen

• 4 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi, this is my second time joining as I decided last time to leave until I has my diagnosed. 
I was told Im ER/PR+ and HER2-  on 28th Feb. I wasnt shocked as I was sort of expecting it so Ive dealt with it well so far. 
I have pre op on 6th March and my lumpectomy on 20th then will discuss radiotherapy going forward and will be taking Tamoxifen. 

Ive read lots of horror stories about Tamoxifen but will be taking it regardless to see if its right for me. 
I made a couple of friends on here last time I was here so hope to reconnect this time. 

Sending positivity to all....

Rae

• Hi Rebellyell, sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I am on tamoxifen and can say it’s not been as bad as I had thought. I only have hot flushes and that’s mainly at night. I take my tablet when I go to bed. I have found 2 manufacturers tamoxifen that suit me so I stick with those when I can. 
    Wishing you all the best

Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x

• Hey Cuffcake thanks for replying. I may take mine at night then if I can. Hugs, Rae 

• Hi Rebellyell and welcome back. I too was really worried about taking Tamoxifen and still am but I am taking it still. It has been 2 weeks since starting so early days yet. The hot flushes started almost immediately, had headaches and nausea the first few days but these have gone away now. I take it early evening and have a few hot flushes during the night and am fine in the day time. Best wishes 

• Thanks Ruva, I can cope with the hot flushes at night as I already sleep with my fan on.