Newly diagnosed Breast Cancer

• 5 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hello

Juat been diagnosed and will be starting chemotherapy mid March. This came as a total shock as could not see any lumps, but thankfully Ickes up on mammograms.

Chemo to last until September then operation in October. Obviously feeling very apprehensive and anxious and would appreciate any suggestion's

Thank you 

• I’m in a very similar situation although feel you are slightly ahead of me as I’m awaiting results from mri …. I’m petrified. I hope all goes well with you. 
    I’m just wondering how we’re supposed to get through each day as I’m struggling and I guess you are too x 

• Hi there, I was in your position 18 months ago and I remember how terrifying those initial few weeks are when you are coming to terms with everything & waiting to start treatment. It does get better & the chemo cycles fly by once you get started. I’m finished active treatment now - the fear of recurrence/secondaries never completely fades but it does definitely recede.  I have come to a level of acceptance about that & am getting on with things & enjoying life again.  I kept a diary of my chemo which you may find useful  Chemo Diary  Good luck with your treatment. xx

• What a lovely message and well done you Meanegg …. I’m just currently petrified and feel physically sick with my anxious feeling a lot of the time but reading messages like yours definitely helps so thank you x 

• Hi Wave 

Thank you so much for reaching out to me, l agree that the waiting is the worst as for me life just seemed to stop for me.

All l can suggest is to try and keep busy and to do something for you what you will enjoy.

l sincerely hope that everything will go very well for you and all your questions will be answered 

l am seeing an oncologist tomorrow 

Take care xxx

Bookworm1957

• Hi Wave 

Thank you for your lovely message and your very good advice 

Just had a call from a lovely McMillan nurse now, and seeing an oncologist tomorrow.

Atm l feel not in control but as told by nurse that this will get better, once l know  my treatment 

xxx

Bookworm1957