New Diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with a 14mm Grade 1 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. It is ER and PR positive and HER2 Negative. 

It has already been a roller coaster. 

I have a Lumpectomy schedule for the 8th of March, it was pushed back by 10 days due to NHS strikes :-(   

Looking for anyone who has had a similar diagnosis and just to hear any stories or advice. 

I am 41 years old and a single Mum to my 18 month old daughter. 

• Twinkle25

My situation is not like yours, but I wish you the very best with your treatment and am sure someone will be along with a similar diagnosis soon.

If it’s of any help I have been through treatment and it is doable!

xx

• Hi Twinkle25

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I was diagnosed with er and pr positive Her2 negative breast cancer last May. I had a lumpectomy and node removal.

He best piece of advice I can give you is not to google your type of cancer as the information on google is years out of date. Rely on sites such as this one and breast cancer now for your information. Also take each day as it comes and if you feel like ranting and raving about about how unfair your situation is do particularly on this forum as we all understand what it’s like to struggle when you have cancer.

Wishing you the best of luck with your operation next month.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  sorry to hear your news. I'm also 41 with a young child (3y/o) so I'm going to be following this thread hoping for some words of wisdom. Slightly different diagnosis grade 2, 25mm, Er+, Pr & HER2- negative.

I can't offer much advice as I'm a little behind you in terms of treatment, I'm waiting for an MRI before I can get a treatment plan, but I'm trying to get organised figuring out who can help with looking after little one when I need them to, filling the freezer, buying some comfy zip up tops, practising with my less dominant hand as the operation will be on my dominant side! It all sounds very basic but it makes me feel like I'm doing something in this horrible waiting period.

Really hope your operation goes well xxx