Hi from sussex

• 5 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Hi everyone. My name is Jackie and I'm will be 53 this year

My story a few weeks ago 15th January found a lump. Never noticed it before. Had a sharp pain which it brought to my attention the lump and dimpling. 19th January managed to get to see the GP and since then my world has changed!! 

Saw consultant on 25th and his words on the letter were clinically suspicious !! The dimpling was measured around 4cm 

Had mammogram on the 2nd Feb (1st one ever,l then ultrasound on the 3rd Feb with a biopsy. There are a few lump but there is one dominant one which is now very bruised after the biopsy. 

Also they find lymph nodes in the armpit so had a biopsy on them too!! 

6th Feb had an MRI Scan at 6.45am and now I just wait wait for the results and back to the consultant.

Last night was the only night I have slept through that is due to have a sleeping tablet. 

My hubby and son know and a good friend of mine as she had gone through breast cancer

I'm going to work as normal but so tired and obviously worried 

Thank you for reading and looking forward on supporting each other  

• Hi Jackiewackie10, sorry you find yourself here today. It all moves so fast doesn't it, sometimes your head can spin with all the info. You are obviously in the right hands as they have responded quickly. Once you have seen the oncologist thing's  will feel a lot calmer, and you will feel a  better when you have a treatment plan.All the best for your treatment. One last thing i have been on this road for 20 yeasrs so think positive x

• Thank you for ur nice words. Yes once I see someone and get the results we can move on etc. 

It's just the waiting. Hoping next week that I shall hear back. 

• I
  • Hi Jackie! I too live in Sussex and I just wanted to say that I've really benefitted from engaging with the local cancer support centre (The Olive Tree in Crawley and Horsham). I'm not sure if these centres are near you but hopefully there is one local to you that can provide the same level of support I've had. Good luck with everything. The first part is the hardest but you'll get there x

• Hi I'm in Hailsham near Eastbourne. 

Im still waiting to hear back. It's been 2 weeks since mri scan. Chased up lady week and was told I would get a phone call this week ?? 

Been chatting on here and using the chat room with macmillan. 

Once I know more then will loom into local group 

Thank you Blush 

• I agree, the Olive Trre have been a great support and I have just joined a Pilates class through them.  Have also used the Macmillan centre at East Surrey Hospital.  I am sure there are other good centres around the country offering support. X