Trastuzumab (Herceptin)

• 2 replies
  • 483 subscribers

I was diagnosed with Her2 positive breast cancer back in July last year.  I’ve just completed my Adjuvant Chemotherapy and had a Mastectomy on the 2nd January, everything went as planned and no delays so I’ve been lucky.
ive had a complete pathological response so I haven’t needed Radiotherapy thankfully.  
I’ve just had my first Trastuzumab (Herceptin) injection on Friday first of 12 cycles over 9 months. Has anyone had this just on its own and how they felt? I’ve felt very tired and very achy, well achy joints to be exact is this normal? With the Chemo I had the usual steroids  so this helped with side effects so bit sure if this is normal or not. 
Any advice would be appreciated. 

Sasha 

• Hi Sasha

my journey has been very similar to yours, was diagnosed with her2 positive in Jan 2023. Had chemo, followed by a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. Unfortunately ended up having a further 2 surgeries due to infection. I’m now on the last leg of treatment, which is the herceptin injections. I can get tired sometimes and achy, but recently I’ve started exercising again and it seems to have helped combat these, I’m still keeping up drinking plenty of water too. 

hope this helps

wishing you all the best Relaxed️  

• Hi, I had 12 herceptin (phesgo) injections after my chemo and surgery. I must have been lucky as I had no side effects from these at all. I wonder if your body is still recovering from your surgery, a month or so is not so long to get back to normal. Maybe have a chat with your medical team if you're still concerned. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge