New hear. Breast cancer start chemo next week, then a mastectomy, followed by radiotherapy. ‍♀️

• 5 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Well,  what can I say? I found out I have breast cancer on Friday and today I got hit with how big it is and the treatment to come. Chemo, mastectomy and radiotherapy. I want to swear but not sure we are allowedJoy. Right now, telling my family feels is the first hurdle. We lost our mum to cancer last year and I’m so worried for them. I need them but want to protect them,Green heart

• sorry you are here, but welcome. hopefully you find strength answers and friendship w comfort here.which i am sure you will.

• Hi Cancerbeglam

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer and that you lost your mum to cancer last year.

Wishing you the best of luck with the treatment to come and with telling your family about your cancer.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Welcome, I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the loss of your mum. Hopefully you can find some support with this community. 

Wishing you all the best in your journey xx

• Sorry to hear your news. Re BC they can do amazing things now. I had an MX a few years ago and honestly it was pain free and what they can do with reconstruction is pretty amazing! I have been in bikinis in the summer and you wouldn’t notice a thing. I hear you on friends and family, I am very private and I need to be able to deal with things myself first but your family will be a great support so just think about everything in the round. You will get through this and be out the other side in no time.  Best of luck x