Hi I am new here

• 2 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, Iv had a lumpectomy and 3 rounds of EC chemotherapy, I start my weekly x 12 Taxol next week.  Im dreading it and also having the PICC line put in.  Does anyone have any advice please, any will be appreciated. Thankyou

• Hi Cammie, 

My treatment plan was similar to yours, but I had 4 rounds of each. It's the unknown that scares us. My side effects were mild and most of the people I've spoken to shared the same experience, but as you know people respond differently to treatment. It's normal to be dreading the chemotherapy (I was terrified!), but I'm sure you are in very good hands, the nurses are very experienced and ready to efficiently deal with any situation, they are just brilliant. Try not to worry too much, you'll be fine. The very best of luck with your treatment!

Lana, xx

• Hi Lana,

Thankyou, and I hope you are recovering well.  Yes,  my side effects have been pretty mild so far, iv been very lucky. Fingers crossed it will continue like this with the Taxol and Radiotherapy. 

Cammie xx