Was diagnosed back in November 2023

• 11 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi everyone was diagnosed back in November 2023 since had a MRI which was showing more stuff on my breast..so the consultant told me I might have to have a Mastectomy. I was sent for another biopsy just before Christmas. The consultant called me just after Christmas saying I have to have a MRI guided biopsy..

Still waiting to have this done..all this waiting for scans and to see what operation I'm going to have and treatment I'm finding very hard. My Mum was diagnosed just before me with breast cancer aswell..Just a struggle trying to be as positive as I can 

• please try, i know its hard and after awhile it gets annoying when people tell you too.

wiating is one of the hardest parts on the beginning, sending good thoughts and hope they get a move on to get things done hugs

• Thank you so much 

• and keep calling them

• I totally get where you're coming from. I too was diagnosed in Nov. Told I needed a lumpectomy. Then after an mri found more abnormalities had to have more scans and biopsies. Then told I needed a mastectomy. 

All of this happened I feel cos of my constant phonecalls. I hate doing it, but feel I would still be much further behind if I didn't. In fact I'm calling again tomorrow, to chase a mastectomy date. I find the waiting and change in plans the most frustrating, even though my head says its all understandable why there are changes and waiting. So hang on in there and never feel a nuisance if you have to call your breast care nurses. To be fair mine are lovely, but I still feel guilty for pestering them. But they keep saying I'm not pestering and things only happen after I phone them.

Best of luck and ask them when you can expect to hear from them. Big hugs. Xx

• Sorry to hear you are through it aswell. Thank you so much. I'm just so afraid of it all and Mum was diagnosed just before me.

Yes I'm ringing again today. 

Hope you get sorted quickly big hugs xx

• Totally feel for you and your mum. Makes it all the more difficult. Keeping everything crossed for botj of you. Xx

• Thank you so much. Pls keep me updated on your journey take care xx

• Will do. Same goes to you too.

How did your phone call go today?

I left a msg for my breast clinic nurses asking about progress re getting another breast surgeon and I got a call less than half hour later from a breast surgeons secretary to make an appt! Coincidence or my call? Who knows. Unfortunately still not got a ct scan date, so no op till I get that and then have to go thro getting 2 surgeons for same date all over again Grimacing

1. Glad they got back to you. Why have you got to have a CT scan. I rang yesterday no one got back to me yet. Are you having reconstruction done? Xx
  • Yes I am - a DIEP (Tummy fat). Plus sentinel nodes removed. The CT scan identifies the blood vessels for re attaching. Only one hospital for Merseyside and beyond, does this op. Hence the waiting. 5days in hospital plus 2-3month recovery.

Often I got called back the next day depending on what time you leave the message. Don't think twice about ringing again on Monday. But I would suggest between 12&2. That way you have given them plenty of time to ring you back, plus not too late for them to call you back. After 3pm usually doesn't get a ring back same day (from my experience). If you do ring back make sure you say in msg that you are chasing the msg you left on Fri and that you are really starting to get stressed as you haven't heard anything. 

Best of luck. Honestly just ask lots of questions and chase things if you are at all worried. Too important not to. If you're anything like me just keep reminding yourself, you would constantly ring on behalf of a friend if they were in the same situation, so do it for yourself. 

Take care. Xx