New to group

• 1 reply
  • 484 subscribers

Hello, new to this group.

I'm hoping someone can help. In October 2023 I was diagnosed with ER+ PR+ HER2-. I had surgery on 8th December with clear margins 26mm and mircomastasis in 1/3 nodes. I should have got results from oncotype DX on 19th January. On 26th January I have opportunity to go on holiday for two weeks. I spoke to BC nurse who's said 1or weeks won't make a difference. After researching this it will be around 3 months post surgery and think this is to long. Has anyone else experienced this. 

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance GrinningHeartbeat

• Hello  

Welcome to the forum (although obviously you'd rather not  be here).  It is my understanding that 3 months is about the limit for the best results for chemo. and after that it does make a difference.  

I guess it also depends on how much you really want to go on the holiday too.  It might be that the DX comes back that you don't need chemo. so you'd be really annoyed at missing the holiday.

When I was diagnosed, the oncotype DX was in its infancy in the UK and I wasn't even offered a test (ER+, PR+ HER2-)  I was 8/8 ER+ and had no micros in my 3 lymph nodes, so a slightly different result from you, but I'm now 5.5 years clear.

I personally would go back to your BC nurse and speak to her again confirming your research and see what she says.

Hope this helps a little.

Kindest wishes, Lesley

Community Champion Badge