Lump in left breast

• 4 replies
  • 486 subscribers

Hello, I am not sure if it's ok to post in here as I have not been diagnosed yet as I only discovered the lump last night.  I am a 78 year old man and am very worried about what happens next.  I am waiting for an appointment with my GP, hopefully today.  I don't know what else to say at the moment.

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in this predicament. Cancer diagnosis and treatment has come a long way so don’t cross any bridges before you come to them.  Best wishes with your appointment 

• Thank you so much, appreciate it.

• Hi - I saw my go within 24 hours and was referred to the hospital. 

Don’t worry ahead of time, easy to say, but there are lots of lovely people on here to talk to.

Let us know how you get on.

X

• I’m so sorry you are having all these worries, it is only natural to worry. Your GP is likely to refer you to the breast clinic via the 2 week wait referral (assuming you’re in the UK). You should have an initial appointment within 2 weeks. A mammogram will probably be the starting point and that will inform what happens next. This is a really good place for support and a source of information and people share their experiences which I have found really useful. Try to avoid googling things and stick to websites like this one and NHS website. Try not to worry until you have to. Best wishes for today.