New Diagnosis

• 4 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi Everyone.

Thursday 4th I had an urgent appointment at the breast clinic, where after imaging mammogram and ultrasound I was told I have breast cancer. It seems it's caught early and not spread to the lymph nodes. I'm now waiting for biopsy results. A plan has been discussed a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy.

I survived a stroke (Nov 22), triple bypass surgery (Sept 23) but I'm having difficulty getting my head around this diagnosis, I actually feel as if I am living in an alternate reality!

• Hi Littlebear

Sorry to read about your diagnosis.

i am also new to this world of breast cancer too and I had my lump removed on 2nd January and two lymph nodes.

I have a brilliant consultant and the team made surgery day not as scary as I thought it would be.  I also have radiotherapy in the longer term plan.

You are in good hands.

My identical twin sister had a stroke and recovered too so I know you have grit and determination in your make up.

Good luck 

CazzaT

• Hello CazzaT

Thank you for sharing! I hope you are recovering well from the surgery!

I do believe I am in good hands my referral to the Breast Clinic was on the 27th December with appointment on the 4th Jan, I can't complain about that.

I'm feeling comfortable that I'll be dealt with at Barts a familiar place, where I had my heart surgery.

Keep in touch.

Linda Kissing heart

• Hi Littlebear

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you gave been diagnosed with breast cancer on top of the other medical issues that you have had.  What you are feeling is perfectly natural.  Be prepared for the plan to maybe change depending on the results from your lumpectomy.

Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery and with your results.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge