Positivity

• 5 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi all ! i’ve been scrolling this forum looking for positive outcomes for my sister

She has been diagnosed with breast cancer in October .. 88mm tumour..  she has to have 4 EC and the. 4 paclitaxel

After 3 Ec she has had a scan to check for shrinkage and we get results on Thursday. Has anyone had any shrinkage after 3 EC? If no shrinking she will move on to paclitaxel . 

They are hoping to shrink it in the hope she can get a lumpectomy instead of a mastectomy. Has anyone been able to change from a mastectomy to a lumpectomy?? She has triple positive breast cancer 

• Hi I was diagnosed with TNBC in August over in France where I was living.  After many tests, scans etc I began two months of fortnightly severe chemo end of October.  After three I did have shrinkage.  I have transferred back to UK 3rd December after my fourth and last chemo in that group.  At present I am still waiting to be set up in the UK system - although I had started the process three weeks prior to my return and forwarded all my protocol, diagnosis etc.  I know that my consultant in France was very pleased with my progress before I left, but am waiting to see if the delay has had any affect.  

I think you mean mastectomy to lumpectomy..... 

Hoping all goes well for your sister.

• Hi Anji

Yeh i noticed what i wrote after posting. 

That sounds positive .. hope all goes well for you!

• I thought that was what you meant.... I am always slipping my tongue.  

The reduction was positive, the transfer back not so.....

Take care.  Let us know how things go for your sister. 

1. Hi 

Thought i would give an update .. results were really good! it has shrunk significantly and the said that they can no longer find cancer in the lymph nodes ( there was on slight transfer ) .. her tumour was quite big .. 8.8cm .. and we think it’s shrunk 50%. They said they don’t tend to see these kind of results so we are both happy!

Fingers crossed after her 1 mor EC and 4 pax she will be needing just a lumpectomy 

• Thats really great news, so glad it has reduced.... can only be positive.