Hi

• 4 replies
  • 484 subscribers

I recently joined this club that nobody wants to join  and working out how to navigate my way through it. 

I have been diagnosed with Pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in the breast. The cancer tissue has been removed and I'm so happy that it hasn't spread to thd lymph nodes. Whilst this is great news I have Been told that there are still remaining calcifications in the breast and I'm likely to need chemotherapy if the cancer responds to this. This has left me confused and I have so many questions but my appointment with the oncologist won't be until the new year. 

I am so happy to have found this site and looking forward to connecting with others. 

• Hey Becky

I am also waiting for an oncology appointment after Christmas.  I was told yesterday that I'll need chemotherapy followed by radiotherapy.  Bit dazed but processing.  Hope you're doing OK x

• Hi Ghislaine

Thank you for your message. I'm trying to think of questions to ask so that I have to bigger picture of yhe risk and benefits of the different types of treatments so I can make an informed decision.

I'm perimenopausal and had to go cold turkey off HRT and that was tough. The supplements are helping and I think this community will be a great help too.

Wishing you all the best for your oncology appointment too. X

• Hi there and welcome

i was recently diagnosed in November, and it has been a whirlwind of emotions over the past four weeks

I found this for him to be so friendly, and as my go to to vent. Rant seek advice of what lies ahead.

Get that chemo done and make 2024 your year x

• Hi Becky

I am post-menopausal but was on HRT because my symptoms continued long after my periods stopped. Obviously I've had to come off it now but it's tough as the symptoms have come back. What supplements are you taking? I've been told not to take anything that's estrogen like. 

Hope everything's going well for you. I should be starting chemo soon after much wrestling over whether the benefits outway the risks and disruption.

Take care x