What's Next?

• 1 reply
  • 483 subscribers

Hello I am new to this group I am nearly 9 month's  through my treatment. I just have phesgo left to finish. I had a mastectomy on my right side but didn't have reconstruction as I would have had to wait longer for surgery.  So I am hoping for reconstruction at some point . I can no longer have hrt so menopause is back with a vengeance, hot flushes 4 or 5 times a night luckly brain fog hasn't started yet but I am sure it won't be long. 

I am easing back into work after nearly 8 months off. I am struggling with my right arm it seems much weaker , my job is quite strenuous and I ended up in A & E in bad pain in my right arm , looks like a strained a muscle but I felt I was being careful. I now have an ache where my boob was and my arm has a slight ache all the time. 

I know my journey has only just started but we live in a society of instant results. I know that recovering from Cancer will not be like that but my Brain needs reminding so often. I thought I could deal with this on my own but I can't. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramble . X

• Hi Star Girl

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Have you thought about counselling? If that’s something you would like to do you can contact the helpline on 0800 808 00 00 and they will be able to arrange 6 weeks of free counselling through BUPA. Or alternatively if there is a Maggies centre near you you can pay them a visit and have a chat with one of their volunteers.

Wishing you the best of luck with the future.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge