Just diagnosed

• 2 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi I got diagnosed last Wednesday to be honest I didn’t take a lot in what the doctor said but he did say it’s small and hasn’t spread anywhere and it’s curable I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks I’m going on Thursday for a mri I’m terrified don’t know if I can do it they also mentioned surgery which I’m also terrified about I’m trying to be so strong and positive and telling myself just to take one appointment at a time 

• Hi Nonitodi

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It’s perfectly understandable that  you are frightened but it sounds like they have caught it early which is good.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and after having chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I am now cancer free. I know it seems like it now and it’s easy for me to say but you will get through it. Once you know what your treatment plan is things should start to get easier. Your medical team will do everything in their power to make sure you get better. There’s an awake thread on this forum that you can look at and contribute to, everyone’s welcome to join the thread if you are having problems sleeping. It’s just called Awake. 

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou so much I think I’m still trying to take it all in