Newly diagnosed

• 6 replies
  • 460 subscribers

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed on Tuesday. Stage 1 or 2, grade 3. I was high risk due to family history. I have gone from “it’s cancer” to “I have cancer” which knocked me for six yesterday.

Nurses have said that I can choose from lumpectomy, single mastectomy or double mastectomy given my high risk. Trying to get my head around everything at the moment and my decision flips by the hour. 

I have an mri scan on Tuesday as I have dense breast tissue (and cysts) so they want a very clear picture (and to firm up the stage).

Just wanted to say hi.

• Hi, I joined last week. Glad i found this forum. Welcome aboard, i hope you get support here too.Blush

• Hi Akvavit71 welcome to the forum. Thats a big decision for you to make but I feel sure some of the lovely folks on here will pop in soon to offer some words of advice or tell their own stories. Whatever happens remember we are here for you every step of the way. xxx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• So sorry, I think I deleted a friendly reply by mistake. I’m all over the place!

• Hi, am sorry you have breast cancer too, but welcome to the forum. It is completely understandable to be all over the place and to find the decision about surgical treatment  a challenge - its a big thing to get your head around. I hope that your MRI is helpful in making your decision easier. There are lots of people to support you and answer your questions. The macmillan support line is also really helpful just to say what is on your mind can sometimes help organise your thoughts - I called a few times as I was all over the place in between biopsy and initial treatment. Thinking of you xxx

• Hi Akavit71 

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. I joined last week, and have been dipping in and out of here trying to gain as much knowledge as I can from the great posts people have put on here.

At the moment I'm just trying to get my head around things, and my mantra is one-step at a time. This forum has made me realise I'm definitely not on my own.

• Hi everyone. Really sorry to hear that you guys are all going through it 

Recently diagnosed with grade 3 & just wanted to say hello.

I didn't feel it was actually happening to me at first & then it hit hard. Still trying to process it all. Finding it hard to tell people around me.

Currently waiting for an Mri appointment (watching for the post every day) then the Consultant said it will be a lumpectomy/radiotherapy.