Walking back to Happiness

• 10861 replies
  • 420 subscribers

Well. Welcome to this thread.

You may be surprised why it is here or happy it is here. Then again: ‘You have got to be joking! Do you know what is wrong with me?’ may be your response.

This all began on the Extreme Fatigue thread. On there several people wanted and needed inspiration/incentive to get out and walk. Many people see the benefits of it in their life and to help on this; mad journey, train ride, rollercoaster ride and other positively rude words journey called Breast Cancer.

It is not a thread created to make anyone feel less than they do at present. It is not a thread that will set people against one another. Being competitive with yourself or a simple challenge to yourself is the point, but not a race against others is a key premis.

The idea is that you can do any of these or none:

1. Post when you have walked.
  2. Post how many minutes you walked for.
  3. Post how you felt before, during or after. Or not at all.
  4. Post pictures from your walk, but ones that do not point to where you live.
  5. Post inspirational quotes, thoughts or comments.
  6. A simple like of people’s efforts is fine. No need to write an essay unless you feel the need.
  7. On a safety note. Do tell friends, family or the thread when you leave and return safely. Be aware of your personal safety at all times.

Well here goes.

Either it will grow and blossom, with lots of lovely people benefiting. Or I will have egg all over my face – not for the first time in my chequered life and career.

Leolady – may be adding in the odd gallop to my walks.

PS if you don't like us don't be cruel.

• Lovely church photos  ! More sprites for you….

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  •   - for some reason I've not seen your posts for a while - I therefore wanted to say 'Hello' and to wish you a Merry Christmas xxxxx

I'm hoping this makes sense - only my mind says one thing and my fingers type whatever they like x
  • Hi  , thanks I’m still here! Have had a funny December, up in Scotland seeing family and friends but with a bit of a ‘mission’ to help a family member with their house. So a funny 2 weeks of busy times with a few walks when I mostly forgot to take photos, and it was also bitterly cold so not keen to take my gloves off! Then back south, difficult drive and arrived to thick snow, not nice for parking! Then a cold set in so a very low key weekend feeling rubbish. All better now but we had a Covid drama as my lovely daughter came back home and felt a bit ropey the following morning - yes Covid strikes again! She’s negative now, just in time for Christmas and me and hubs have escaped so far. Lovely to have her out of isolation in the attic! But plans to see very elderly parents in law have been postponed for a few days to be extra cautious. So somehow I have hardly walked (cancelled any social walks) so no photos for this my favourite thread! Planning lots for the new year so you’ll see me more frequently then! 
    Gosh sorry  I bet you wish you’d never asked!! Just skip over the long drivel to this photo of a very reluctant Santa Paws which I did already post on the Awake thread. And our quirky Christmas tree - it’s a holly branch from the garden. 
    Merry Christmas all!!! Xxxxx

HappyFeet1 xx
  • Took Henry-dog out for a wee walk but he sulked and wouldn’t go any further! No pics as it was just so short!

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Love your Xmas tree   Covid is certainly making its mark around this time. Hope you have negative tests all round by now.

Walked around a park yesterday but no pics as I didn’t think to get phone out. Next time. 

Thinking about  who started this thread ... hope she’s having good gallops.

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

• @Flossie25 I certainly do still gallop regularly. With a member from this original group. And just this last week received my 5 year all clear mammogram. Plus had the birth of our granddaughter- Freya Jane - on Christmas Day morning. So my galloping for the next few months will have an added pushchair. Merry Christmas to you all and fondest and best wishes for 2023. GiftWine glassSparkling heart

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

• Thanks  , all still negative yesterday so looks like hubs and I have escaped! We’re lucky that daughter could isolate and have her own bathroom so we were hardly exposed. A big relief! Had a lovely quiet Christmas Day, we all cooked and there was no rushing to get anywhere. Long chat and joint present opening with son in Canada. Pre dinner walk with dog and post dinner film session with Love Actually! Very chilled. Then off to big family gathering yesterday. Tomorrow after one more set of tests we’ll go to very elderly in laws. It’s actually worked out to be a very relaxed Christmas and we’ll hopefully end up seeing everyone we wanted to, just in a different order. 
    Lovely to see you posting  , congrats on the 5 years clear, and thanks for starting my favourite thread. May you continue galloping and enjoying your grand children, great to hear of new arrivals. 
    Love to all, HFxx 

HappyFeet1 xx
  • Hi   I seem to recall you used to regularly walk with an original member .. glad your friendship is ongoing and galloping freely. Congratulations on your 5yrs clear and of course your new granddaughter … she will keep you busy. 

Keep on Galloping xx

• Good you and hubs have avoided covid   There’s nothing like a chilled out Christmas.