First Post

• 0 replies
  • 175 subscribers

Diagnosed with cancer in the ascending part of the colon on 3rd Oct.  Operation on 14th Oct to remove section of Colon and reconnect.  Hospital time will be up to a week, then at home for recuperation up to five weeks.  Have a good circle of personal friends and those I know through volunteering.    Everyone has been really kind, often sharing that they have had a cancer journey or similar, and that they are now cancer free.   It does scare me, the fear through many years is getting cancer.  The consultant tells me it is treatable, and they need the results of the op to decide next steps.  Feel supported, worried for my wife of 44 years, however we are both calm.    I research the topic and want to get as much info as possible, but know that at this stage so much depends on test results to come.   Many thoughts in my head, can’t think of much else, trying to stay positive and a support for wife and family.   Haven’t fully told grandchildren, they know Granpa has to go to hospital for a few days,  all rest of family know.