New to the group

• 2 replies
  • 176 subscribers

Hi, this is my first post in the group. I was diagnosed with a tumour in the ascending colon on the 27th March of this year. Had surgery on the 10th June to remove part of the colon and lymph nodes. It wad all contained and no cancer in the lymph nodes, so no further treatment needed, so very lucky. Recovery was going g really well until last week, I had started back at a very gentle gym class, and the next day I had colic pains around my right side, and am a little anxious I may have overdone it. It feels better when I eat but the discomfort returns after about an hour, has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

• Hi Pasc, 

I had mine removed in April.  Also nothing in lymph nodes but I am on mop up chemo. 

I’m having similar, although in my case it’s mild discomfort on various areas rather than pain.   did put it down to exercise as I had open surgery so the muscle has needed to reform. 

I’ll be interested to see what others say. 

best wishes

cerysm

• I had many vague pains/ discomfort, following my Left Hemicolectomy back in May '19 for several weeks...in the area where the surgery was done. But they were fleeting & minor - & I just assumed they were part & parcel of the surgery - & the body healing itself. They gradually diminished within time.

Best of

Marianne