Fit test

• 1 reply
  • 173 subscribers

I'm just a little worried I've had a fit done and it's come back 29 I'm booked in for a colonoscopy In a couple of days time. I've had some symptoms very bad diarrhoea, lower back pain and feeling bloated. I've had blood test done and I've had a mix bag back so are higher then they should be, some are lower then they should be and some are ok. I've had a liver function test done and normal is around 5 but mine is 48. All this is making me more stressed.

A bit of back history I've had 2 cases of melanoma and I've been told that having past cancer can highten your risk of other cancers. Can anyone please give me so advise x

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. Is your GP going to retest your bloods in a few weeks time? I know a few people who’ve had an abnormal liver reading and then it’s been fine the best time?

There are a few things that can cause the symptoms that you mention like irritable bowel, colitis, diverticulitis but the important thing is to get checked out. Only 1 in 10 colonoscopies results in a bowel cancer diagnosis so try not to stress as this can exacerbate your existing issues making you stress more?

Please let us know how you get on?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm