Rectal cancer recurrence?

• 6 replies
  • 178 subscribers

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and also to the UK having received treatment overseas for stage 2 rectal cancer with extramural venous invasion.

Met my UK oncologist for the first time recently and had an MRI for baseline to start observations here.

MRI has identified an 11mm nodule in the mesorectum, next MRI is in 4 months to see if any changes.

Has anyone else experienced something similar please and what was the outcome/thoughts about needing further treatment?

Thanks!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

I have seen a few people with rectal cancer lymph node recurrence but sometimes they just define it as a “ lymph “ node so hard to say if it’s the same location .

However more generally speaking I have noticed some may have a further surgical option or do chemotherapy first . Then reevaluation. I do remember one man had chemo then onto surgery and that was the last of his issues . 
    Not sure if  is more informed in that area than me and might have some insights or other forums to try .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you Court!

• Thank you! Have updated my profile.

• Hi  

Welcome to the forum, and the UK!

I was diagnosed 4 years ago and am just recently dealing with a reoccurrence in the pelvis.  I'm stage 4 though so treatment plans may differ.  They may suggest chemo and then surgery or it can also be done the other way round depending on the location, other spread, general health, etc.

• Thank you and good luck with your treatment!!