Total Pelvic Exeneration

• 4 replies
  • 173 subscribers

I had a TPE in June along with some lymph nodes removed from my left thigh. I had a biopsy yesterday as some “growths” appeared at the incision site. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Hi  

Hope you are recovering well . Can I ask if it is right along the scar line ? I have heard of some people referring to granulated tissue along the scar line . Not sure if it’s the same thing .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Many thanks Court, I haven’t heard of granulated tissue. The growths are near the scar line but also nearby. I’m in panic mode waiting to hear back 

• Totally understandable  . It is easy to go to the worst case scenarios in your head but it’s a big surgery and the body is doing its best to heal .

I am trying to think back but in 15 years I have been here  I think only heard of  one man who had an issue and that was from tumour tracking from a biopsy .

My understanding is there are lots of different issues can occur from incisions . But what I can assure you once you have had a cancer diagnosis they are inclined to work from ruling out rather than ruling in . I used to feel sorry for my mum as every lump and bump was thoroughly investigated. It’s a good thorough thing but tough on the nerves .

Take special care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. What will be will be. If it’s worst case I’ll fight it, if it’s not I’ll celebrate