New to group

• 2 replies
  • 174 subscribers

Hi 

I have just joined, my husband was diagnosed with colorectal cancer with 4 liver tumours at diagnosis in 2015 with 35% chance is survival….had surgery and chemo then was clear for 1 year 2018

Then 2 more tumours were found in his liver so they removed  a third of his liver.

now 6 years later 2024 cancer has returned in the retroperitoneal lymph nodes and one in his lung. They can’t do biopsies or surgery as the lymph nodes are near the main artery. He has started chemotherapy again every other week as 48 hr infusion.

has anyone had similar? ( retroperitoneal lymph node mets)

• Welcome to the forum  .

So annoying when it pops up again after so long but he is doing amazingly well . My mum had a spread pop up again 14 years after diagnosis ( stage 4 with liver involvement initially ). 
    It went a bit higher up and she had mediastinal Lymph nodes and a lung met . They used a targeted therapy for ten months due to frailty of health now and she actually got an amazing result . Interestingly enough the lymph nodes seem to disappear and never mentioned again in the scans . 
    Has he had Pet scan ? 
    Treatment was either very effective or they were reactionary. 
    She is too frail now but she never ran out of treatment options . Your husband is clearly a very responsive person to treatment so that is a big plus going forward .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Purepearl. I have mets in my para-aortic lymph nodes - spread occurred within a year and incurable. I have no treatment plan other than quarterly scans. There is a forum for secondary lymph node cancer on the site but it is not particular active although it might be worth a trawl through to see if you can any threads relating to retroperitoneal lymph node mets.

Wishing you and hubby all the best.

Maninbath