New here

• 6 replies
  • 174 subscribers

Hi I am looking after my sister and feeling very isolated and frightened thought I'd join here for some support.  Thank you

• Hi  

A big welcome to the forum . Well done you for stepping up to help your sister . It’s good to get the support you need too .

How is your sister coping ? Has she started treatment ?

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi   and a warm welcome to the board from me too. There’s a great cross section of people on here from carers to people just starting out to people in remission. We’re happy to share advice and experience and we’ll be here to help you and your sister through this

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Court

My sister is going for her op on the 8th of August.  It is really scary as we know about the risks.  We are praying Pray for no complications and keeping our fingers crossed.  

She is coping really well on the outside but I know she is hiding a lot from me as am a complete mess.  

Unfortunately we have no outside support as it is only her and me,  which makes things very overwhelming. 

• Thank you Katen for replying.

As you can see from my post to Court we are on our own and finding it very difficult at the moment as we wait for the big op.

• Hi ,

The risk talk is always extremely scary.  However try to bear in mind that it's just a Thursday for the team who are doing the operation (a fact that my own brother reminded me about when I was overwhelmed).  They do this kind of thing all the time.  I'm sure you are in great hands.

I found the talk about the risks absolutely terrifying, but it didn't turn out that bad in the end. 

I hope it goes well, keep reaching out for the support as you need it!

CerysM

• Thank you for replying. Trying to keep positive but at the weepy stage. Hopefully this will pass and the brave me will kick in.