Hi, not sure where to start??

• 6 replies
  • 177 subscribers

It's been a bit of a whirlwind few weeks, going to hospital for a blood transfusion, and coming out 7 days later after colon cancer surgery. Not had time to get my head around the big 'C', what happens now, a bit all over the place!

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. Yes I can imagine you’re a bit shell shocked but hopefully recovering well from surgery. Have you had your histology report back yet? If you let us know if you’re having post op chemo or whether everything was clear then we can help you further from there?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Karen, I've been told I have to  go for a CT scan next week and then Oncology the week after. I am assuming they have the results back??

Ian

• Yes it sounds like they’re maybe going to suggest mop up chemo? x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Oh deep joy! Yes I had sort of expected that may happen. I suppose I am lucky in a way with everything happening so quickly?? Still, recovery is going well so all in all I'm happy...in a weird sort of way!?

• Hi Ian and welcome,

I had surgery back in November after being admitted with appendicitis and also required a blood transfusion. I then had adjuvant chemotherapy and have been no evidence of disease for 3 months. You can read my full story by clicking on my profile.

i just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.

Rachael 

• Thanks Rachael that's much appreciated. You've certainly been through it a bit haven't you, puts my problem back in perspective! I also had an emergency right hemicolectomy where 6-7cm of my colon was removed, confirmed cancerous. but at my age, 66, you get to almost expect these things. But I am a "half glass full" type of person and just cracking on with my walking. It is what it is.

Take care and I truly hope you stay clear Thumbsup tone1

Ian