New to group

• 6 replies
  • 178 subscribers

Hi, short introduction,  I was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer on 9th April,  had surgery on 27th May and was discharged on Wednesday 29th, just getting to grips with the recovery! Thanks 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. Surgery on Monday and out Wednesday? - very impressive! Always nice to be back in your own bed but make sure you take things easy and everything crossed for a good histology report

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Thanks Karen, yes following the rules and building exercise up steadily, not sure how much is too much though?

Ta

J x

• Hi Jim69

I had surgery 4 weeks ago today, (high anterior resection) and similarly was out of hospital within a few days. Best advice to you is to take it (relatively) easy and don't expect too much of yourself.

I know I've overdone it on occasion over the past few weeks in an attempt to hasten recovery, but each time I've paid the price somehow, whether by increased discomfort, extreme fatigue or other maladie.

Don't underestimate the size of the operation you've been through... Even if the histologies are good, it's likely to be a few months before activity levels are back to normal. 

I wish you well! 

• Hi Ouvrier, thanks...same op, robotic assisted anterior resection.

I've just been walking round garden during the day since Wednesday and today was first 'outside' walk , felt good since, just getting  the balance I suppose 

Hope you keep well

Cheers 

• Hi Jim. You're doing all the right things. After my colon surgery in December I started walking round the garden 10 times. Gradually increased to 20 times. Then outside with a walk round the local park. Your body will tell you if you've done too much. Keep up the good work!

• Hi Jim

I had an anterior resection in 2017....took a few months for full recovery ...tough times..... don't overdo things.

Take care 

Peter