Bowel cancer

• 2 replies
  • 175 subscribers

Hi diagnosed last august with bowel cancer which had spread to my liver also, started treatment September, had 13 rounds of palliative chemo and now I’m on my second lot of 13 again, my Ct scans shoCryextreme improvement in bowel and liver which is good but all this gets me down a lot. I’ve had so many infections and been unwell trips to hospital regularly it’s all too much, when will it all end.Cry’m fighting this as best I can for my family but it gets harder everyday CryCry

• Hi  and I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a tough time of it but it sounds like you are responding well to the chemo? Please give the support desk a ring on the number below and have a chat with them? They have lots of advice to help you through this and can arrange some free counselling with bupa if you think that might benefit you?

Please keep talking to us on here and to your medical team. If there are specific side effects that you’re struggling with then there may be alternatives that can be tried or the dosage tweaked? Is there a chance that you could be operated on if the chemo continues to be so successful as that would give you something to strive towards?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • They have mentioned surgery later on but not yet, hoping they can do something as don’t really want chemo for the rest of my life either x