Recent Diagnosis

• 4 replies
  • 160 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I’m Stu and was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer in Jan, had an operation 4 weeks later and will begin some chemotherapy in a few weeks. The support I have received thus far from the NHS, friends and families has been fab but thought it was time to engage with people who could really understand. Not only is my head a little shot as this is all new to me, I am keen to offer support to the community in any way I can. 

Stay positive people Thumbsup

Stu

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board, Yes sometimes you have to have been in the same boat to fully ‘get it’ so we’re glad to have you onboard and hope you tolerate your chemo well

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Aah, thank you Karen-much appreciated. Blush

• Hello Stu,  I agree that engaging with people who are going through the same thing is really important.  There is nothing worse than feeling you are on your own...  I too have support from family and friends,  for which I am very grateful - but they don't want to hear me moaning on  about my fears and doubts!  After connecting with others on here,  I'm feeling more positive (well,  I'm working on it anyway!)

• Hi Fist,

thank you so much for replying to my post. It really is appreciated 

Stu