3cm suspected malignant tumor

After the colonoscopy which was done friday .7.01.22 i was informed by the nurse that there is a 3cm suspected malignant tumor in my rectum. I was so devastated and tears just flowed from my eyes. I was told that a tissue sample was taken and will be send for biopsy. Tuesday 11 december i had my mri pelvis. I am so worried and unable to sleep since friday . Is a 3cm malignant tumour bad? Or has it spread or is it aggressive?please do reply if anybody  here has had a 3cm tumor. Many thanks and regards to all. Godbless

• I will do that artsie

• Hopefully you will get a treatment plan sorted soon.its better when you know what you are working towards.as you will see from peoples bios it is perfectly possible to get through this and come out the other end(pardon the pun)

All the best

Kath

• Thank you katz51  for responding to my post. 

• I had read your bio katz51 and karen62 and gemmary you all giving me hope and inspiration to fight and hope for the better
  • Thank you very much artsie for making me feel positive

• That’s what this group is all about. Supporting each other, a problem shared here there’s lots of us to share it with. 

Best Wishes

Artsie Ann 

• Hi again . I found I was having to rush to the toilet and had loose stools but put it down to a lifestyle change - I’d taken voluntary redundancy and was starting my day with a cup of tea in bed rather than a fruit salad. I then noticed blood on the toilet paper and my stools had become very thin. When it got to the stage that blood was dripping into the bowl even when I went for a wee I went to the doctor - this was about 18 months after my symptoms started! Luckily there was no spread but I kicked myself for burying my head in the sand for so long.

Its disappointing that your doctor didn’t refer you for further investigation at the time but as I said before, bowel cancer is very slow growing but very treatable.

Everyone on the board knows exactly how hard it is in the early days so please keep posting and we’ll help you through this

Take care

Karen x

• Whereas I had no real symptoms apart from pencil poo, and the screening service picked me up.

• I had ribbon poo. I didn’t put that in my bio. Your pencil description reminded me. 

Best Wishes

Artsie Ann 

• I feel fatigued all the time..it is 6 days now from finding i have malignant tumor...is it normal to feel this way?